ant-user mailing list archives

From "Russell Johannesson" <>
Subject RE: How to supress output
Date Fri, 21 Jan 2005 20:06:12 GMT
It occurs to me that the problem under discussion isn't necessarily specific
to ClearCase. Wouldn't any task which employs Runtime.exec() internally
potentially be a source of unwanted output? Would it be reasonable to
request that there be control over the exec output of all such tasks? That
way, having ClearCase wouldn't be necessary for testing.

>From: Matt Benson <>
>To: Ant Users List <>
>Subject: RE: How to supress output
>Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 10:21:37 -0800 (PST)
>...As for your testing the ClearCase changes, I
>understand Steve's comments on that bug to say (and I
>have said something similar to a user about running
>the startup scripts on an obscure shell) that if we
>get a submission that compiles, for something we can't
>test, we can assume it works if the community reports
>that as being the case.  It can then be added to an
>existing optional task.  Note that this is exactly the
>kind of situation that explains why we are loath to
>add more optional tasks to Ant.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message