ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <>
Subject RE: up-to-date-ness and cmd-line args
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2005 15:37:55 GMT
> From: michael sorens []
> I want to run a java task with a specific list of file names as
> line arguments (typically <arg value="..."> for each file), but I also
> want to run a <uptodate> check with a fileset that is precisely the
> list of files. How can this be done without having to enumerate the
> list in two places?

If your <arg value="..."> is in fact <arg value="filename">, as opposed
<arg value="-someoption filename">, then <apply parallel="true"> should
the trick.

If you'd post a short example with say three files of the Ant code where
you'd like to avoid duplication you describe, maybe you'd get a more
definite answer as to whether it's easy or possible to achieve ;-) --DD

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message