ant-user mailing list archives

From "Rebhan, Gilbert" <Gilbert.Reb...@huk-coburg.de>
Subject RE: Automated Build System
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2005 11:50:04 GMT

Hi,

-----Original Message-----
From: Ilja Preuss [mailto:preuss@disy.net]
Sent: Tuesday, January 11, 2005 12:31 PM
To: 'Ant Users List'
Subject: RE: Automated Build System

>I'm not sure wether we are talking about the same thing here. I was
actually thinking about a scheduled build >(say, every couple of
minutes) and a modificationset that created a modification if the text
file indicated that >you actually want a build to be started.

No, it shouldn't be scheduled (every 30mins or nightly ...)the "normal"
way,
maybe later.
CC should only run if a 'buildorder' (txtfile generated by
EclipsePlugin) is sent to
CC_workdir, order contains a specific Versiontag, f.e. release_1_0_1.

So it's not the normal way CC is running, looking @ repository and if
modifications
are found, a build is started.

CC should run as process and start a build, if a buildorder drops in his
workdir.
When build is finished without errors, reports are generated as usual
and the
buildorder is deleted. CC waiting for the next buildorder ...

>I'd probably start by taking a look at the source of the filesystem
modificationset.

I already had a look at the source of Modification.java, but i have no
idea,
how to put my txtfileparsing in there.
There's also <modificationset> and attribute <forceonly>. Sounds like
what i need for
unscheduled builds, but there are no examples on CC Wiki.

Gilbert