ant-user mailing list archives

From <Kajsa.Ander...@thomson.com>
Subject perforce tasks
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2005 16:51:27 GMT
I notice that the perforce tasks have a failonerror attribute, but I don't see any way to set
a property if there is an error.  Am I just missing something?

I've also found what I think are a few errors (or at least places that could be clarified)
in the manual page for the Perforce optional tasks.

In the P4Change description:
"Request a new changelist from the Perforce server. This task sets the ${p4.change} property
which can then be passed to P4Submit, P4Edit, or P4Add, or P4Delete, then to P4Submit."

I think the first P4Submit should be P4Integrate.

Also, in the section about parameters to P4Integrate, it says:
"If a branch definition is supplied, at least one of fromfile or tofile should be supplied."

Perhaps I'm mis-reading, but I think "should" ought to be "must". "Should" implys that it's
optional (but a very good idea), and "must" implys it won't work if you don't do this - which
is what I found to be the case. :)

Kajsa Anderson
Thomson Legal & Regulatory
Research & Development - RAD Team