ant-user mailing list archives

From "Alexey N. Solofnenko" <>
Subject Re: Java task executing embedded jython fails to find scripting module
Date Wed, 19 Jan 2005 22:13:20 GMT
I have had a similar problem. In my situation I execute ANT preprocessor
written in Jython, then ANT itself, then some script within ANT. The
problem was that Jython launcher used a single state class and did not
reinitialize it when a script is executed from ANT. To fix the problem I
had to write my own Jython launcher that created new system state every
time. Please look at my launcher class (some old version) on SF

to see the approach.

- Alexey.

Karr, David wrote:

>I'm having an issue which seems to be caused by my Ant configuration,
>but it's involving some other tools.  If you're not familiar with these
>other tools, either ignore this or try to muddle through it.
>I'm using WebLogic's WLST tool, which uses Jython (Python interpreter in
>Java).  I'm trying to execute WLST from a "java" task in my Ant script.
>Most of my sample scripts have worked fine like this, but as soon as I
>try to call the "raw_input()" method in my script, I get the following:
>Initializing WebLogic Scripting Tool (WLST) ...
>Traceback (innermost last):
>  File "<iostream>", line 17, in ?
>ImportError: No module named scripting
>The key reason I'm asking this on this list is that when I execute this
>outside of Ant, I don't see this symptom.  The "raw_input()" call works
>Any ideas what might be causing this?
>To unsubscribe, e-mail:
>For additional commands, e-mail:

/ Alexey N. Solofnenko