ant-user mailing list archives

From Karl <karlk...@comcast.net>
Subject Returning data from an Ant task?
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2005 05:16:45 GMT
I'm writing a custom ant task that parses a text file and I'd like to
somehow pass the results back to the ant process. Is it possible to
return an "output parameter" string value to an ant process? Ideally I'd
like to do something like:
<target name="getversion" description="Retrieves the version of the
product build out of the version file.">
    <taskdef name="getversion" classname="GetVersion"
classpath="MyAntExtension.jar"/>
    <property name="MyVersion" value={getversion
fileName="c:\work\AntExtensions\EXT_VERSION"} />
</target>
?
regards,
Karl