ant-user mailing list archives

From "Erskine, Chris" <chris.ersk...@eds.com>
Subject RE: Ant should have an ext directory
Date Wed, 05 Jan 2005 12:24:42 GMT
That starts to solve the issue of the external ext directory although it
does make it a little more work for the users to set up ant on their
machine.  (Did you remember to go to your environment control and add the
ANT_ARGS value?).

This does not handle the case (poor because I know that JUnit has not
changed for a while) where all my projects depend on JUnit.  I have a new
version which breaks all of the old code.  This means that each of 30 (or
what ever number you want) projects have to modify their test code to
support the new version of JUnit.  Because of the ant-junit.jar being on the
system level for Ant, I have to put the JUnit.jar file in a system level
directory.  This means that I have to now come up with a method to know
which project has the code for the new version of JUnit and have some sort
of special command to start Ant for that project to point to the new version
of JUnit.

What I am asking for is a way to define in my build.xml file a way to define
which version of JUnit that I am using so that it is defined at the project
level.  I can handle this type of functionality for build level classes but
doing this for the system level does not work.

Chris Erskine

EDS Consulting Services
F5-EDS-001
2424 Garden of the Gods Rd