ant-user mailing list archives

From "Daniel Kalcevich" <>
Subject Command Line arguments with spaces
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2005 00:42:33 GMT
I know this has probably been asked a lot, but is there any way I can
pass a command line argument with spaces in it, and not have it be
wrapped in double quotes by ANT?  I have code similar to the following:

private void getStreamCommand(Commandline cmd) {

            if (getStream() != null) {

                  /* Had to make two separate commands here because if a
space is

                     inserted between the flag and the value, it is
treated as a

                     Windows filename with a space and it is enclosed in

                     quotes ("). This breaks clearcase.

The getStream() method returns a value like "with nothing" where there
is a space in the value.  Can someone please let me know?  Thanks.

This email and/or any files or attachments transmitted with it are confidential and intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed, and may contain
information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.
If you are not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering
the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution
or copying of this e-mail and/or any files or attachments transmitted with it is strictly
forbidden. If you have received this email in error, please delete the e-mail and/or any files
or attachments, and also notify the system manager ( of the
error. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of
the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. Finally, the recipient should
check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability
for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email and/or any files or attachments
transmitted with it.