ant-user mailing list archives

From Andy Kriger <andy.kri...@gmail.com>
Subject How can I execute Ant targets from within a Java program?
Date Sun, 23 Jan 2005 14:37:01 GMT
I am playing around with executing Ant targets from Java code.

Here's what I am trying to do (based on what I've seen in mailing list posts)...

		ProjectHelper ph = ProjectHelper.getProjectHelper();
		Project p = new Project();
		ph.parse(p, new java.io.File("build.xml"));
		System.out.println(p.getBaseDir());
		System.out.println(p.getDefaultTarget());
	}

But I get ...
Exception in thread "main" build.xml:6: Could not create task or type
of type: description.

The $ANT_HOME env var is set and I have all of the $ANT_HOME/lib dirs
on my classpath. So, either that's not the way to create an in-memory
version of a build script that can be called from code or there's
something more I need to do with my classpath so that the
ProjectHelper can find all the JARs.

thx
andy