ant-user mailing list archives

From Alan Gutierrez <alan-ant-u...@engrm.com>
Subject Re: Where does optional.jar come from?
Date Sat, 22 Jan 2005 03:09:25 GMT
* karlkras@comcast.net <karlkras@comcast.net> [2005-01-21 18:43]:
> Possibly a dumb question, but where would I find this jar? I find
> it in the ant eclipse plugin, and see numerous references to it,
> but can not find something specifically named "optional.jar" on
> the ant web site.

    The optional.jar is no longer distrubted with Ant. It has been
    broken up into many little jars.

    It used to be in 1.5 that the "Core Task" as indicated by the
    documentation were ant.jar and the "Optional Tasks" as indicated
    by the documentation were in optional.jar.

    As of 1.6 ant.jar still contians "Core Tasks" while the optional
    tasks are broken out into separate jars, generally grouped by
    tasks, but sometimes not, as in the case of JavaCC being in
    ant-nodeps.jar .

    Hope this helps.

--
Alan Gutierrez - alan@engrm.com