ant-user mailing list archives

From Ivan Ivanov <rambiusparkisan...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Enabling assertions without forking for each test. Can I fork junit itself?
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2005 09:55:55 GMT
Hello, Paul,
--- Paul Elschot <paul.elschot@xs4all.nl> wrote:

> I upgraded ant from 1.6b2 to 1.6, and according to
> the docs the
> above forkmode should do what I need.
>
> For the moment the compilation of the test code
> fails, because
> the junit.framework package does not exist for the
> compiler
> after the ant upgrade.

You should download Junit from junit.org and you have
three ways to integrate junit.jar with Ant:
1) Place junit.jar in $ANT_HOME/lib. I suppose you had
it there in your old Ant version.
2) Place junit.jar in $HOME/.ant/lib. Since ant 1.6 it
will be automatically picked up for your build
process.
3) Place in somewehere on your filesystem, say
/data/my_third_party_jars/junit.jar and start ant with
-lib option:
ant -lib /data/my_third_party_jars

I personalyy use mainly 2).

HTH Ivan