ant-user mailing list archives

From "Rhino" <rhi...@sympatico.ca>
Subject Re: ${ant.home} partly broken in Ant 1.6.2 - also ${ant.library.dir}
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2005 18:16:05 GMT
The problem occurs in Eclipse with its built-in copy of Ant 1.6.2. The
problem does NOT occur when I run Ant 1.6.1 from the command line outside of
Eclipse. (I have a copy of 1.6.1 outside of Eclipse for use in projects that
don't involve Eclipse.)

If you can tell me how to invoke Eclipse's Ant 1.6.2 from the command line
outside of Eclipse, I will be happy to try running the build from the
command line; I'm afraid I don't remember the technique for that. Or do you
want me to download another copy of Ant 1.6.2 and install it outside of
Eclipse?

Rhino

----- Original Message -----
From: <Kajsa.Anderson@thomson.com>
To: <user@ant.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 04, 2005 11:58 AM
Subject: RE: ${ant.home} partly broken in Ant 1.6.2 - also
${ant.library.dir}

I did a bit of experimenting with this, and it does seem to be an Eclipse
issue.  It looks to me like it's a problem with the Eclipse Ant editor
trying to resolve the filename without first resolving properties in the
filename.  If so, that would explain why your work-around works.

Rhino, have you tried running your build file from command-line Ant, or only
from within Eclipse?

HTH,

Kajsa Anderson