ant-user mailing list archives

From "Rhino" <>
Subject Re: Ant task scp or sftp
Date Sun, 30 Jan 2005 16:57:35 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nicolas Vervelle" <>
To: "Ant Users List" <>
Sent: Sunday, January 30, 2005 8:42 AM
Subject: Re: Ant task scp or sftp

Sorry, you're right. I was only just out of bed when I replied to your note
and wasn't thinking very clearly yet ;-) I had the thought that you could
pass a copy command to sshexec but that really doesn't help very much now
that I think about it.

I've just reread your question and I'm afraid I can't contribute much to
solving your problem. I'm not aware of any way to make scp recognize only
newer files and I don't know of any other core or optional tasks that will
do what you want to do. This mailing list is pretty dead on the weekend so
you should probably just be patient and hope that someone can suggest a
better alternative on Monday.

The only other alternative I see is that you could write your own task to
upload only newer files but that may be a lot more work than you want to do,
assuming you are capable of writing the code in the first place.

You could try Googling on 'ssh Ant' and see if there are some optional ssh
upload tasks for Ant that aren't documented in the Ant manual. There may
well be many such tasks out there - or none at all.

Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message