ant-user mailing list archives

From edouard....@noos.fr
Subject Typdef/taskdef behaviour and introspection
Date Sun, 26 Dec 2004 15:48:25 GMT
Hi to all;

Having faced a problem too long without precise answer. My problem is the following.

I have developed an Ant task that performs XSLT inside. So far, so good, provided I put my
XSLT implementation in Ant 'lib' directory, the task works fine.

But as soon as I try to refer to this task via the 'typedef' task with a provided classpath
that contains both my task jar and the XSLT implementation jar (having remove any implementation
from Ant 'lib' directory at the same time) - this implementation is either saxon-6.2.2.jar
or xalan-2.4.1.jar - the implementation task cannot load.

With Xalan, I get this

javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactoryConfigurationError : Provider org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl
not found

problem, which demonstrates that the JRE cannot find such an implementation, though it is
present in my 'typedef' declaration (for sure).

As I understand, the Java XSLT API performs introspection by creating an instance of the 'javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory'
abstract class, and by looking at the Java system 'javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory'
property.

My question is: how to make all this work?

A piece of answer would be: how to force the underlying class loader of the Ant 'typedef'
task to load the whole content of a jar (even those that may be used by introspection), instead
of just loading the classes declared and discovered at compile time?

I really need to separate my XSLT implementation and my task from Ant 'lib' directory!

Thank you very much for your attention, and I hope that a Java class loader can indicate how
to solve that.

Cheers and happy all,
Edouard