ant-user mailing list archives

From Yves Martin <>
Subject Re: maven
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2004 10:12:55 GMT writes:

> neat.....I find that managing and compositing data is potentially the hardest
> problem after defining/managing component are u managing
> dependencies? do u manage any aspect of data? any versioning of data being
> performed? does it scale to enterprise (ejb testing for example) ...any
> integration with message queues? etc...

 I simplified the model to consider a static module dependency (compile and
 runtime are identical for that first implementation - I really think it is far
 enough). A module simply declares it needs a third-party jar (log4j,
 velocity...) or another module.

 A specific feature of our build system is the support of generating and using
 versionned binary packages for modules (to ease delivery)

 For data, nothing is done yet but I think I will use the same concept from our
 internal previous build system: SQL scripts splitted into actions =create,
 insert, delete= and they are stored in each module. So "schema" and "data" are
 versionned with the code - aka with the versionning tool.

 EJB testing is OK with that design.

 For message queues, we used a test toolkit to generate messages and check they
 were managed correctly.

Yves Martin

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: