ant-user mailing list archives

From Derek Haskin <>
Subject using ant for non-java builds?
Date Tue, 07 Dec 2004 05:08:56 GMT

I will shorthly be automating a build process for an application developed
in Forte.
I'm trying to decide what tool to use to develop the build scripts.

There are plans in the next 8 months to start re-developing the application
in Java.

In the past I have automated builds via a combination of Makefiles, shell
scripts and perl scripts and have not developed ant scripts before.

I am wondering if anyone has any experience in automating builds in ant for
non-java based applications and if they would recommend using ant or not.

If feasable I may end up using a combination of perl and ant scripts.

Privileged/Confidential information may be contained in this message.
If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of the
message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone.
In such a case, you should destroy this message and kindly notify the sender by reply e-mail
or by telephone on (03) 9612-6999 or (61) 3 9612-6999.
Please advise immediately if you or your employer does not consent to Internet e-mail for
messages of this kind.
Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to the official
business of Transurban Limited and CityLink Melbourne Limited shall be understood as neither
given nor endorsed by them.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message