ant-user mailing list archives

From ed.wittm...@fiserv.com
Subject RE: using ant for non-java builds?
Date Tue, 07 Dec 2004 18:57:00 GMT
I used java interfaces - basically I just invoke the jvm like the batch or
shell script would, except that I use ant, and load all the classpath and
JVM settings via properties. The server or host-specific stuff I load
through an include (which only has 2 or three host specific settings which
rarely or never change) so that my startup build file can be moved from
Windows (development) through Unix (production) with no changes at all. I
do the exact same thing with the build.xml for the source code.

I'll post an example later tonight when I get home, don't have the script
with me.

Edward Wittmann

Are you using the bea supplied ant tasks or using java interfaces
(weblogic.Server, weblogic.Deployer, etc)?

We're currently tracking down some subtle issues (though they are cross
platform issues) which helps to identify by using ant.