ant-user mailing list archives

From ed.wittm...@fiserv.com
Subject Re: Ant and PVCS 8.0
Date Mon, 13 Dec 2004 18:09:23 GMT
Well, I got stuff to work -

First of all, version 8 of PVCS uses this new license managment thingy
from Macrovision (flexlm) so if you specify a project db, you have to also
specify the config file or you get stupid "can't get license file" errors.

The pvcs target included with ant (as of 1.6.2) is missing (IMHO) some
useful patches by Andrew May.

See:  http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-dev&m=99667939904467&w=2

I added this code to the ant source and built it - it does change the PVCS
ant targets considerably, but the functionality is much improved. Does
anyone know why these patches were never added? Should this be on the
developer list?

Lastly, in order to use the new tasks, I have to specifically do a
"taskdef" to use the new tasks:

<project>

<taskdef name="pvcsget"
classname="org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.pvcs.PvcsGet"/>

<target name="test">
  <pvcsget
        repository="/pvcs/database/CodeDB"
        configFile="/pvcs/database/CodeDB/archives/blahblah.cfg"
        pvcsproject="/Project1/src"/>
</target>

</project>

I changed default.properties to include the new tasks, what else do I have
to do to avoid having to use taskdefs? Should I care?

Thanks,

Ed Wittmann

"Brass Tilde" <brasstilde@insightbb.com>
12/13/2004 10:40 AM