ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dick, Brian E." <Brian.D...@FMR.com>
Subject RE: using ant for non-java builds?
Date Tue, 07 Dec 2004 14:15:10 GMT

goes south, I simply adjust some property files and easily switch to
another machine.

-----Original Message-----
From: Derek Haskin [mailto:DHaskin@transurban.com.au]
Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 2004 12:09 AM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: using ant for non-java builds?

Hi,

I will shorthly be automating a build process for an application
developed
in Forte.
I'm trying to decide what tool to use to develop the build scripts.

There are plans in the next 8 months to start re-developing the
application
in Java.

In the past I have automated builds via a combination of Makefiles,
shell
scripts and perl scripts and have not developed ant scripts before.

I am wondering if anyone has any experience in automating builds in ant
for
non-java based applications and if they would recommend using ant or
not.

If feasable I may end up using a combination of perl and ant scripts.

thanks.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<---->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Privileged/Confidential information may be contained in this message.
this message to anyone.
In such a case, you should destroy this message and kindly notify the
sender by reply e-mail or by telephone on (03) 9612-6999 or (61) 3
9612-6999.
Please advise immediately if you or your employer does not consent to
Internet e-mail for messages of this kind.
relate to the official business of Transurban Limited and CityLink
Melbourne Limited shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by
them.