ant-user mailing list archives

From "Daniel Lipofsky" <daniel.lipof...@bricsnet.com>
Subject Problems with <filter>
Date Mon, 13 Dec 2004 23:26:17 GMT

I would expect that <filter filtersfile="..."/> would load
properties the same way as <property file="..."/>.
But I would be wrong.  Is this a bug?  I was hoping to use
the same files to set properties and filters.

The most annoying difference is that the in-file property expansion
that works so nicely for property files does not happen with
filter files.  So you can do stuff like this in property files

deploy.server=lucky
deploy.port=8080
deploy.url=http://${deploy.server}:${deploy.port}/

but not in filter files.

Also properties are immutable but filter
tokens are not, so with multiple files you
have to reverse the load order.

Ideally I would like to copy everything defined as
a property to a filter token.  Does anyone have a way
to do this?

Also is there anyway to turn off the messages like
[copy] Replacing:  @...@ -> ...

Thanks,
Dan