ant-user mailing list archives

From "Murray, Mike" <...@ptc.com>
Subject RE: fileset fails when base dir is missing
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2004 20:09:36 GMT
It sure would be nice, but since it isn't you're left doing it the long, and complicated, way.
 That is, creating additional targets with dependencies and conditions to get the desired
conditional behavior. The property can be set as follows.

   <target name="mod_classdir.check">
      <condition property="mod_classdir.exists">
         <available file="${mod_classdir}" type="dir"/>
      </condition>
   </target>

-----Original Message-----
From: Charlton_Rose@daifukuamerica.com
[mailto:Charlton_Rose@daifukuamerica.com]
Sent: Monday, December 06, 2004 1:58 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: fileset fails when base dir is missing

That's a clever hack, but it won't work well in my situation, since some
of the filesets may be rooted in directories that cannot be created.
Wouldn't it be nice if the <fileset> tag had an attribute that allowed you
do say, "It's OK if it doesn't exist"?  Something like this:

<fileset dir="somedir" if-base-dir-is-missing="ignore">...</fileset>

Anyone else have a good idea?

"Alexey N. Solofnenko" <A.Solofnenko@mdl.com> wrote on 12/06/2004 12:44:29
PM: