ant-user mailing list archives

From "Panchal, Archanaa" <archanaa.panc...@gs.com>
Subject Ant 1.5 error
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2004 14:16:35 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to use Ant 1.5 to build a project and ive attached the build.xml
I am using for the purpose.

Everytime a colleague of mine, with the exact same settings runs the command
on his local machine, the build works perfect. But when I try the exact same
command on my local machine it fails.

I am copying over the files he needs to the right location on his machine
(everything is under c:\GAIN_LOSS - on either machine).

When I type > ant on my machine it throws a "build failed, unexpected
element "war" error"

Please help

Thanks,

Archie

-----Original Message-----
From: Tony Thompson [mailto:tony.thompson@stone-ware.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 2004 1:21 PM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Re: Ant 1.6.2 loads very slow

Actually, I want to retract my previous message.  Even when I don't have
debug on, if all of the extra "ant-*.jar" files are not in my classpath,
everything still runs slow.

Any idea what I can do?  I don't need all of those extra JAR files and I
don't want to distribute them either.

Tony

>>> Tony Thompson 11/23/04 12:02PM >>>
I am running Ant embedded and I have lots of typedefs (~675) in my script.
My build listener was displaying debug messages which was causing the slow
down.  I am guessing something changed in
AntTypeDefinition.getTypeClass() between 1.5 and 1.6.

When my script executes, I get a whole batch of those error messages for
each typedef in my script (I am estimating about 20 * 675).  The typedef I
am using is a custom typdef.  I am not sure about the Ant internals but it
seems like Ant is not behaving very nicely in this scenario.  Why is
getTypeClass() called for all of those other classes when it should know the
class required for my type?  Plus, it does it on every typedef.  Is there
anything I can change in my script to make this better?

Thanks.
Tony

>>> Tony Thompson 11/22/04 01:25PM >>>
I am trying to upgrade to 1.6.2 and I am having issues with it running very
slow.  When it finally starts, I get a bunch of error messages about missing
classes:

Could not load class
(org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.vss.MSVSSCHECKIN) for type
vsscheckin Could not load class
(org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.perforce.P4Reopen) for type p4reopen
Could not load class
(org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.image.Image) for type image ...

Is there a way to disable all of the optional stuff?  I don't need any of it
and it seems to be the thing slowing everything down.

Thanks.
Tony