ant-user mailing list archives

Subject AW: Write Ant files for many modules
Date Mon, 13 Dec 2004 06:30:23 GMT
The Jakarta Commons project has also a set of independent modules [1].
They have a buildfile for each module. Each module has its own build path.
And their master buildfile [2] calls several modules.

Mmmh - there was a discussion when <import> and <subant> were new ...
Yep: [3]. And I knew that some of us had done something about that somewhere
in the Apache land - it was Erik :) He had refactored the build environment
of the Jakarta Lucene Sandbox [4,5] which I would suggest to use as a

- define a common directory layout as properties
- map the individual layouts to the properties using property-files
- provide a common buildfile [6] defining the "usual" targets (compile,
clean, ...)
- each module will <import> the common file and override things
- provide a master buildfile [7] that iterates over the modules