ant-user mailing list archives

From gat...@bltbd.com
Subject How to list files to console or file.
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2004 19:29:08 GMT
I have a need to create a text file that lists all .gif, .jpg, etc. files.
It's simple to create a fileset that contains the files I need but what's
the best way to output this list into a text file?

I could use <foreach> from ant-contrib but that requires an <antcall> for
each file which is slow and tedious.  I unfortunately can't use the newer
<for> task since it rquires Ant 1.6+ which in turn requires Java 1.2+ but
I must remain compatible with 1.1 (doing applet work).

I wrote my own small task to do this but I'd rather use a 'standard'
task(s) if it's possible.  If not possible, and if anyone is interested in
my task, <listfiles>, I'd be happy to submit it to Ant developement.

Brian DeWeese