ant-user mailing list archives

From <Kajsa.Ander...@thomson.com>
Subject RE: [newbie] excludesfile not working?
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2004 15:42:52 GMT
>From the manual page for Fileset:
excludesfile  	the name of a file; each line of this file is taken to be an exclude pattern.

So you want <excludes name="${appRoot}/WEB-INF/web.xml"/>, not <excludesfile/>.

Kajsa Anderson

-----Original Message-----
From: JEFF EMMINGER [mailto:jemminger@thig.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 08, 2004 9:38 AM
To: 'user@ant.apache.org'
Subject: [newbie] excludesfile not working?

hi list,

newbie here:

I have this copy task:

<property name="appRoot" value="C:/jetty-4.2.20/webapps/oasis"/>

<copy
	todir="c:/TEMP/oasis"
	overwrite="true"
	verbose="false">
	<fileset dir="${appRoot}">
		<exclude name="agentmemos/"/>
		<exclude name="Agent_Manual/"/>
		<excludesfile name="${appRoot}/WEB-INF/web.xml"/>
	</fileset>
</copy>

the two "exclude" nodes work fine without prepending the appRoot to them.
the script fails to run if I do not prepend appRoot to "excludesfile",
complaining that it cannot find the file, and then when I do use appRoot as
above, the script runs but does not exclude web.xml.

what am I doing wrong?

thanks,
jeff

CONFIDENTIAL NOTICE: This email including any attachments, contains
confidential information belonging to the sender. It may also be
privileged or otherwise protected by work product immunity or other
legal rules. This information is intended only for the use of the
individual or entity named above.  If you are not the intended
distribution or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents
of this emailed information is strictly prohibited.  If you have
received this email in error, please immediately notify us by
reply email of the error and then delete this email immediately.