ant-user mailing list archives

From <Andreas.Ebb...@nokia.com>
Subject How to delete files from a zip/jar?
Date Tue, 07 Dec 2004 12:25:12 GMT
Hi,

what is the easiest way to remove files from a jar file or zip file? The feature was requested
in may last year on this list ( http://mail-archives.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=user@ant.apache.org
<http://mail-archives.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=user@ant.apache.org&msgNo=30613>
&msgNo=30613), but I could not find anything else on this topic, either on this list or
as feature request in bugzilla.

My task should compare two jar files and remove classes from one jar, that are already present
in another. That sounds quite simple, but I don't have an idea how to do that with the existing
tasks,

Since I need to do that multiple times in different places in the build, I am thinking of
writing my own task for that. What do you think should be the extension point. Zip? (at least
zip has a -d option, which I could use)

Thanks for your opinion on that matter,

Andreas Ebbert
   Software Design Engineer - Nokia Networks OSS
   gsm: +49-177-9413928, fax: +49-211-94123838
   Heltorfer Straße 1, 40472 Düsseldorf, Germany