ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jacob, Anil - MWT" <Jacob.A...@menlolog.com>
Subject RE: ant UI
Date Tue, 21 Dec 2004 22:18:56 GMT
Not very familiar with java, however given below is part of a perl
script which calls ANT, the -D parameters are actually input fields in a
html page. So when the user selects the fields they get passed on to the
perl script which is called in the action "POST" section of the hrml
page.

I guess you can easily use this concept to write a servlet which calls
ant from from a html page.The servlet can be deployed to tomcat.

--------------------

use CGI;
use CGI::Carp qw(fatalsToBrowser);

$cgi = new CGI;
print $cgi->header();
$version = $cgi->param(version);
$project = $cgi->param(project);
$server = $cgi->param(server);
$command = $cgi->param(command);
$servername = $cgi->param(servername);

system("ant -f /mybuilds/build.xml  -logger
org.apache.tools.ant.listener.MailLogger -DDdev.build=$valuefromhtmlpage
$command");
}

Note: $command is the ant target that you want to execute, can also be
passed from the html page(like a submit button)
 Anil