ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jacob, Anil - MWT" <>
Subject RE: ant UI
Date Mon, 20 Dec 2004 23:17:14 GMT
Instead of hardcoding the value of the Build_0402_0012, you can actually
pass it as a commandline paramters Then the build file would look like this
<property name="DevBuild1" value="${}"/>

When ant runs it picks up the value given on the commandline.

For a UI. You can actually write a small perl script or cgi script to
execute ant over a browser, off course you need a web server also. Works

-----Original Message-----
From: Radha Sangal []
Sent: Monday, December 20, 2004 11:48 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: RE: ant UI

Look at the bottom of the second link-ed page. I need to finally create
such UI where we enter filename in a text box and get results.

Meanwhile, what I am looking for is a way to build UI to connect to ant
script for providing inputs to its properties. To make it clear:

I have <property name="DevBuild1" value="Build_0402_0009"/>
		<property name="DevBuild2" value="Build_0402_0012"/> in
my ant script  I have to manually go inside the script and change these
properties for diff builds. I have to build a UI for it so that when I
enter build name there, it updates the property in ant script.