ant-user mailing list archives

From Antoine Levy-Lambert <anto...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: File locking problem using ant.apache.tools.ant.Project
Date Mon, 27 Dec 2004 15:09:56 GMT
Hello Helge,

I am not sure how you solve this problem. It might be caused by <javac/>
(the compilation task) not
releasing file locks.
You can try to use <javac fork="true"/> which means you are going to
compile out of process, so in
this case the compiler is not going to hold the lock for long.

Otherwise, I am not sure which API methods would be the best. Maybe
project = null; and then System.gc(); would make your system
release all objects created by ant.

(I am sure that other folks on the list will have better ideas :-) ).

Cheers,

Antoine