ant-user mailing list archives

From Gilbert Rebhan <...@schillbaer.de>
Subject Re: How to get ANT + CVS to work in Eclipse?
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2004 20:08:05 GMT
Hi,

rolarenfan@earthlink.net wrote:
> (1)
> Well, when I run the "checkout" command alone, I get these errors:
>          [cvs] cvs checkout: warning: failed to open C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\.cvspass
for reading: No such file or directory
>          [cvs] cvs checkout: authorization failed: server awbcvs.foo.bar.com rejected
access to /cvs/cvsroots/awbsystem for user pkeyser
>          [cvs] cvs checkout: used empty password; try "cvs login" with a real password

Ok, that's about the missing .cvspass which is created after first login.
Windows = Documents ...\user\.cvspass
Linux = /home/user/.cvspass

> When I then restart and run the "login" command first, the message is:
>          [cvs] Logging in to :pserver:pkeyser@awbcvs.foo.bar.com:14306/cvs/cvsroots/awbsystem
>
> after which the system hangs for ever.

hm, maybe he could not handle the pserver protocol because no cvs(nt)
in sight for ant script ?!

Are you able to load a Repository Location from that machine
in CVS Perspective via Eclipse ??

Maybe a simple typo in the end ?

Assuming you are running with Windows - i believe you just need either
if using

-> cvsnt  = the cvsnt.exe, and the relevant *.dll's .There is one for
every protocol, pserver in your circumstance. just grab those files from
  a machine where cvsnt is installed (you don't have to install the
whole server stuff) and put them together in a folder.
or
-> cvs = i think all stuff is packed in cvs.exe
Sorry haven't used cvs with Windows

It might even be possible talking to a cvs server with cvsnt files on
path !?, haven't tried that.

> (2)
> And as to the link you sent, that seems to be about running ANT outside of Eclipse. I'm
sure I could do that but it wouldn't accomplish what I want.

you may also write an ant script that runs in and outside of eclipse.

> (3)
> And for "put the dir with cvs files to ant runtime under Preferences|Ant"  -- I don't
understand what that means -- I can see the preferences page you mention, and there are some
ant-jar files listed there, but what's the directory with the cvs files you refer to? ...

Ant|Preferences and 'Add Folder' with either all of those cvsnt files or
the folder which contains cvs.exe

Good luck!!

Gilbert