ant-user mailing list archives

From Jean Morissette <jean.morissette...@videotron.ca>
Subject Write Ant files for many modules
Date Sat, 11 Dec 2004 23:42:10 GMT
Hi,
I actually contribute to the development of Sandstorm, a Staged
Event-Driven Architecture (SEDA) based high-performance platform for
services http://www.eecs.harvard.edu/~mdw/proj/seda/

Our project source repository has been refactored, so we have now many
modules.  The modules dependencies form a acyclic graph as well.  Each
module seem well suited to have its own build.xml file.

I would like to have your advices on Ant best practices, like: where
specify module dependencies, do we need a master build file, where
should be the output directories for compilation and jar (in each module
or in the root directory), etc.

If you have thoughts on these items or anything else you think is
pertinent, I'd appreciate your input.

Thanks,
Jean