ant-user mailing list archives

From Peter Reilly <peterrei...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Strange behavior of 'zip'
Date Thu, 09 Dec 2004 16:33:51 GMT
Matt Benson wrote:

>--- Peter Reilly <peterreilly@apache.org> wrote:
>

>>Ah, I see.
>>This does look like a bug.
>>

>Is it?  Or is it just the way update="true" works and
>therefore a documentation issue?  From the manual:

The issue was with update="false", not with update="true".

When update is "false", the user wants the set the zip file
to the contents of the zip command. Files in the zip file that
are not in the zip tasks fileset are removed from the zip file if any
of the files in the zip task's fileset are newer that the zip file or are
not present in the zip file but this is not the case if the uptodate test is
true.

When update="true", the task behaves correctly.

Peter