ant-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Peter Neu <peter....@gmx.net>
Subject Re: sshexec Authentication Problem with SuSE 9.1
Date Tue, 07 Dec 2004 19:48:16 GMT
Hello Rob,

I only got SuSE 9.1 client/servers in my network. I works on  neither of 
them.
I got Jsch 0.1.18.  I tried wrong logins which yield to the same result. 
I really
got no idea what could be wrong.

Regards,

Peter

>The error is "Auth fail". Perhaps the username or password is incorrect? Try using a username
or password that you know is incorrect and see if you get the same error. Also, what version
of Jsch are you using? Can you connect to any other hosts with the sshexec task?
>
>-Rob Anderson
>
>  
>
>>-----Original Message-----
>>From: Peter Neu [mailto:peter.neu@gmx.net]
>>Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 2004 4:49 AM
>>To: Ant Users List
>>Subject: Re: sshexec Authentication Problem with SuSE 9.1
>>
>>
>>Hello Rob,
>>
>>the server has OpenSSH 3.8p1-33 installed. The exception 
>>looks like this
>>
>>BUILD FAILED
>>C:\Antworker II\Ant-Trial\build.xml:11: 
>>com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException: 
>>Auth fail
>>        at 
>>org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.ssh.SSHExec.execute(SSH
>>Exec.java:211)
>>        at 
>>org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:275)
>>        at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:364)
>>        at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:341)
>>        at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:369)
>>        at 
>>org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:1214)
>>        at 
>>org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:1062)
>>        at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.runBuild(Main.java:673)
>>        at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.startAnt(Main.java:188)
>>        at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:196)
>>        at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:55)
>>Caused by: com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException: Auth fail
>>        at com.jcraft.jsch.Session.connect(Unknown Source)
>>        at com.jcraft.jsch.Session.connect(Unknown Source)
>>        at 
>>org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.ssh.SSHBase.openSession
>>(SSHBase.java:1
>>        at 
>>org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.ssh.SSHExec.execute(SSH
>>Exec.java:143)
>>        ... 10 more
>>--- Nested Exception ---
>>com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException: Auth fail
>>        at com.jcraft.jsch.Session.connect(Unknown Source)
>>        at com.jcraft.jsch.Session.connect(Unknown Source)
>>        at 
>>org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.ssh.SSHBase.openSession
>>(SSHBase.java:1
>>        at 
>>org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.ssh.SSHExec.execute(SSH
>>Exec.java:143)
>>        at 
>>org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:275)
>>        at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:364)
>>        at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:341)
>>        at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:369)
>>        at 
>>org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:1214)
>>        at 
>>org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:1062)
>>        at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.runBuild(Main.java:673)
>>        at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.startAnt(Main.java:188)
>>        at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:196)
>>        at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:55)
>>
>>I hope this is enough input. Authentication is OK works with clients
>>like putty.
>>
>>Regards,
>>
>>Peter
>>
>>Anderson, Rob (Global Trade) schrieb:
>>
>>    
>>
>>>Jsch is an implementation of SSH2. It does not support SSH1. 
>>>      
>>>
>>What is the error message you are getting? What 
>>implementation of SSH2 are you using on the server? OpenSSH?
>>    
>>
>>>-Rob Anderson
>>>
>>> 
>>>
>>>      
>>>
>>>>-----Original Message-----
>>>>From: Peter Neu [mailto:peter.neu@gmx.net]
>>>>Sent: Saturday, December 04, 2004 2:16 AM
>>>>To: Ant Users List
>>>>Subject: sshexec Authentication Problem with SuSE 9.1
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>Hello ,
>>>>
>>>>I'm trying to start tomcat on a remote machine.
>>>>
>>>><sshexec host="192.168.2.5"
>>>>     trust="true"
>>>>   username="tom"
>>>>   password="darksecret"
>>>>     command="mkdir simple"/>
>>>>
>>>>The problem is the remote machine only supports SSH 2.
>>>>It seems that the implementation in  *JSch is not ready for *
>>>>*this. Has anyone an idea what to do in this case? *
>>>>**
>>>>*I had the same problem with an old version of putty until*
>>>>*I upgraded it to a newer version.*
>>>>**
>>>>*Regards,*
>>>>**
>>>>*Peter*
>>>>**
>>>>
>>>>------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>        
>>>>
>>---------
>>    
>>
>>>>To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@ant.apache.org
>>>>For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@ant.apache.org
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>   
>>>>
>>>>        
>>>>
>>>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@ant.apache.org
>>>For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@ant.apache.org
>>>
>>>
>>> 
>>>
>>>      
>>>
>>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@ant.apache.org
>>For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@ant.apache.org
>>
>>
>>
>>    
>>
>
>
>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@ant.apache.org
>For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@ant.apache.org
>
>
>  
>


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@ant.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@ant.apache.org


Mime
View raw message