ant-user mailing list archives

From Brian Agnew <br...@oopsconsultancy.com>
Subject Re: Split XML file into seperate files with XSLT and ANT
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2004 16:06:30 GMT
You should be able to do something like the below (from the sourcecode
download tests/examples). This creates named xml files
output-n1.out.xml, output-n2.out.xml from the input
<a>
  <b id="1" attr="n1">Number 1</b>
  <b id="2" attr="n2">Number 2</b>
</a>

Any more queries drop me a line direct or there's an xmltask mailing
list. See the web page for more details.

Brian

Ant invocations follow.....

<target name="test">
    <!-- call subtargets using 78.xml as the driver -->
    <xmltask source="78.xml">
      <call path="/a/b" target="ab" buffer="b_ab" inheritAll="true">
        <param name="1" path="text()"/>
        <param name="2" path="@attr"/>
        <param name="3" value="${os.name}"/>
      </call>
    </xmltask>
  </target>

  <target name="ab">
    <xmltask dest="output-${2}.out.xml">
      <insert path="/">
        <![CDATA[
          <root/>
        ]]>
      </insert>

      <insert path="/root">[1 = ${1}]</insert>
      <insert path="/root">[2 = ${2}]</insert>
      <insert path="/root">[3 = ${3}]</insert>
    </xmltask>
  </target>

Robert Soesemann wrote:

>Sounds perfect. Thanks for this hint. Did you every do something like this? Do you have
sample snippets ;-)

>Best regards,
>
>Robert

file (one contentitem per file).