ant-user mailing list archives

From Joel <r...@ddcom.co.jp>
Subject srcDir and destDir semantics
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2004 12:58:22 GMT
Long question here --

I've been assuming that srcDir in the <javac/> task essentially sets the
directory from which the compile will occur, so that, for instance, the
package

    jp.co.ddcom.sample

would reflect a directory structure

    jp/co/ddcom/sample

underneath the directory specified by srcDir. This seems to work well,
and the includes and excludes attributes seem to control things the way
I want (except for the destDir worked for a while, but doesn't work now).

However, <depend/> seems, from the docs, not to accept includes and
excludes attributes. It does have the <include/> and <exclude/> elements,
but the <include/> element does not seem to limit the effect. I tried
the includes attribute anyway, and it didn't cause syntax errors, but it
still did the same thing.

What it did was, given

    includes="jp/co/ddcom/sample/**"

or

    <include name="jp/co/ddcom/sample/*.java"/>

it also worked through and deleted all the class files in

    jp/co/ddcom/sample_bk_20041215

as well. (Yeah, now I know that's a stupid way to make a backup
directory.)

So, I tried setting srcDir in the <depend/> task to

    src/jp/co/ddcom/sample/

and this time it ignored the backup directory.

So, the question. srcDir sets the -sourcepath argument for <javac/>?

But for <depend/>, srcDir just says, "only look in this directory"?

--
Joel Rees   <rees@ddcom.co.jp>
digitcom, inc.   株式会社デジコム