ant-user mailing list archives

From Joel <r...@ddcom.co.jp>
Subject Need help understanding dependencies and destdir
Date Tue, 14 Dec 2004 07:43:08 GMT
The following piece of my build.xml works well buried in a sequential:

<javac
	srcdir="${src}"
	source="1.4"
	encoding="Shift_JIS"
	listfiles="yes"
	includes="${sample}/**"
	excludes="**/*Client.*, **/*Service*.*, **/*.class"
	/>

Except for two things. One, if I add the

    destdir=${dest}

attribute, it does not put any output in the directory tree referenced
by ${dest} and it ignores that directory when checking dependencies.

Moreover, when I bury it in a target that uses the depends attribute, it
loses track of the dependencies. That is, I have a Sample.java and a
SampleList.java, with SampleList importing Sample and referencing a
Sample field, and if I edit Sample.java, ant will compile Sample.java
but will not compile SampleList.java.

Any suggestions about what I'm misunderstanding?

--
Joel Rees   <rees@ddcom.co.jp>
digitcom, inc.   株式会社デジコム