ant-user mailing list archives

From "Bill Rich" <billr...@attglobal.net>
Subject RE: conditional <uptodate>?
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2004 18:41:39 GMT
I think "depends" determines when the target will be fired, "if/unless"
determines whether the target will be fired or not. Therefore, my
understanding is that when the target can be fired the if/unless will be
evaluated to see if it should or not.

HTH
Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: Gili [mailto:junk@bbs.darktech.org]
Sent: Thursday, December 02, 2004 10:07 AM
To: Stefan Bodewig; user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Re: conditional <uptodate>?

	Correct, except that if you read the Ant documentation it says that
"depends" is not executed before "unless". It says that "depends"
simply declares the order of execution if the dependencies if the target is
being executed (i.e. past the "unless" stage). At least, that's my
interpretation. Am I wrong?

Gili