ant-user mailing list archives

From "McIntosh, Stephen" <Stephen.McInt...@gs.com>
Subject Compiling against a shared code area
Date Thu, 30 Dec 2004 21:31:00 GMT
Hello.  I'm not quite a newbie user of Ant, but I'm not an expert either.
I'm hoping there's a solution to my problem:

I would like to have Ant compile a set of java files against two separate
source directories, one "local" and one "shared".
This can easily be done like this:

<javac	srcdir = "${local}:${shared}"
	destdir="${dest}">
</javac>

except that this solution assumes that the local and shared directories do
not have any overlapping files.

In my situation, there necessarily will be a lot of overlapping files.

The above method leads to a "duplicate class" error.

Is there a way for me to make Ant take source files from the shared area
unless they exist in the local area, and then take them from the local area
instead?

Thanks,
  Steve