ant-user mailing list archives

From "Vadim Kazakov" <>
Subject RE: Signal 40 error
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2004 15:41:35 GMT
Sounds like a seg fault. Isn't that what return code 168 means?

-----Original Message-----
From: Griffith, Jeff []
Sent: December 1, 2004 3:22 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Signal 40 error

  We're using ANT (v1.5.4) as part of our automated WebSphere deployment
toolset.  However, we're experiencing intermittent behavior where ANT
will suddenly quit with a "Signal 40", though all processing is
completed.  The return code is always the same, 168.  Anyone ever seen
this before?   Here is an example of the output.  A kill -l on AIX 5.1
shows a signal 40 to be "bad trap".

     [exec] PLGC0005I: Plugin Configuration file =
     [echo] Result = 0
     [copy] Copying 1 file to /nfs/dist/was5/plugin

Total time: 22 minutes 16 seconds
/trp/WDT/bin/runant[355]: 65238 Signal 40
Ant return code = 168
+ RC=168

                                     Jeff G.

The content of this e-mail and any attachments is intended solely for
the use of the named addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or
privileged information.  Any unauthorized use, copying, disclosure, or
distribution of the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited by T.
Rowe Price and may be unlawful.  If you are not the intended recipient,
please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message