ant-user mailing list archives

From "Brass Tilde" <brassti...@insightbb.com>
Subject Re: Ant and PVCS 8.0
Date Mon, 13 Dec 2004 15:40:25 GMT
> Is anyone here using Ant against PVCS 8? The older pvcs tasks built into
> Ant don't seem to work correctly after I tried them out.

Not using PVCS 80., but rather 6.8 (on Win2K, SP4), but I received an error
similar to yours when I first tried this.

What I found (for version 6.8) is that I had to provide some additional
information in the form of a hardcoded literal to the PVCS task.  Note the
inclusion of "/ProjectFolder/" in the pvcsproj property which is then passed
to "repository" parameter in the PVCS task.  This value must be supplied,
and is apparently the same for each project, no matter its location in your
repository.

Note also the *absence* of the workspace parameter.  The PVCS task uses the
output of the PCLI cammand as input to the GET command, and so uses
workspaces defined within PVCS itself to determine the location to which the
source gets checked out.  Since we have only one workspace defined, leaving
this empty was the easiest.

This example also assumes that your PCVS project is the same same as the
ant.project.name property.

    <project name="Application" default="checkout" basedir=".">
      <description>Build Application</description>

      <!-- Global Properties -->
      <property name="pvcsrepos"  value="\\server\share\dir" />
      <property name="pvcsproj"   value="/ProjectFolder/${ant.project.name}"
/>

      <target name="checkout">
        <pvcs repository="${pvcsrepos}" pvcsproject="${pvcsproj}" />
      </target>

    </project>

I figured this out by directly executing the PCLI command that ant was
executing, since it so kindly outputs it, and noting the error produced
thereby, so if this doesn't work for you, that course may give you some
insight.

I hope this helps.

Brad