ant-user mailing list archives

From "Gord Bowman" <gordonbow...@sympatico.ca>
Subject Ant Image Task Questions
Date Tue, 21 Dec 2004 21:24:31 GMT
I just started using Ant 1.6.2 due to its Image task, which suits my needs
perfectly. Unfortunately, I'm having some troubles. I'm hoping other more
experienced Ant users/developers might have some insights to offer me. I'm
willing to contribute to the Ant code myself, if that's the only way to
resolve these problems.

1) The Apache Image task
(http://ant.apache.org/manual/OptionalTasks/image.html) seems to lack the
capability of converting between file formats. Is this correct or am I
missing something? I'd like to convert JPG to GIF, PNG and TIF, for
instance.

2) The Jakarta Image task (http://www.mullassery.com/software/ANT/) is
capable of reading JPG and exporting to PNG using its 'tofile' attribute,
but it does not seem to be capable of exporting to GIF, nor TIF. Is this
correct, or is it not detecting my JAI (installed in my j2sdk1.4.2_06
directory) for some reason? I tried copying the JAI jars to the local
directory containing my Ant build.xml but it made no difference.

3) There seems to be no way to control which resizing algorithm (e.g.
averaging, bilinear, bicubic) is used. Does anyone know which is being used
by either Image task?

4) I need to be able to read in, resize and export CMYK-TIF images. As far
as I can tell, neither Image task seems capable of doing this, regardless of
whether it's RGB or CMYK, compressed or uncompressed.

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks,

Gord

SVG Consultant