ant-user mailing list archives

From "Tony Thompson" <tony.thomp...@stone-ware.com>
Subject Re: Ant 1.6.2 loads very slow
Date Tue, 23 Nov 2004 17:02:18 GMT
I am running Ant embedded and I have lots of typedefs (~675) in my
script.  My build listener was displaying debug messages which was
causing the slow down.  I am guessing something changed in
AntTypeDefinition.getTypeClass() between 1.5 and 1.6.

When my script executes, I get a whole batch of those error messages
for each typedef in my script (I am estimating about 20 * 675).  The
typedef I am using is a custom typdef.  I am not sure about the Ant
internals but it seems like Ant is not behaving very nicely in this
scenario.  Why is getTypeClass() called for all of those other classes
when it should know the class required for my type?  Plus, it does it on
every typedef.  Is there anything I can change in my script to make this
better?

Thanks.
Tony

>>> Tony Thompson 11/22/04 01:25PM >>>
I am trying to upgrade to 1.6.2 and I am having issues with it running
very slow.  When it finally starts, I get a bunch of error messages
about missing classes:

Could not load class
(org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.vss.MSVSSCHECKIN) for type
vsscheckin
Could not load class
(org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.perforce.P4Reopen) for type
p4reopen
Could not load class
(org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.image.Image) for type image

Is there a way to disable all of the optional stuff?  I don't need any
of it and it seems to be the thing slowing everything down.

Thanks.
Tony