ant-user mailing list archives

From Stephane Bailliez <>
Subject Re: jboss tmp directory
Date Sat, 20 Nov 2004 15:14:20 GMT
Machiel Groeneveld wrote:
> The problem is (of course) that todir doesn't know how to resolve the
> '*' and creates the dir *application.ear-contents.
> I know this question has been asked before, but I couldn't find this
> exact use case in the mailing list.

I would suggest you to do things differently.

Generally I have found it to be a good thing to have an exploded view of
your ears and wars during the build process and simply war/ear it with
different targets.

This is good to me because I have an exploded version of what's to be
included (easier to look at) and this is good for the development
process as well (redeploying even a moderate app can take minutes).

JBoss (like every app server I know) allows you to deploy an exploded
version of an ear or war, therefore having a simple target that deploys
(ie copy) the exploded version of the ear to your
jboss.home/server/default/deploy or whatever will streamline things and
you will be able to update your jsps without redeploying the whole app.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message