ant-user mailing list archives

From Bill Lynch <>
Subject Strange JSPC/Taskdef issues
Date Mon, 29 Nov 2004 17:14:27 GMT

I discovered recently that it's pretty much impossible to run the JSPC
task more than once. Others have had this issue before (I researched
the list a bit) and it seems like it's more of a taskdef problem. The
issue is this:

<taskdef classname="org.apache.jasper.JspC" name="jasper2">
        ... dynamic path elements here like so: ...
        <pathelement location="lib/plugin-${plugin}.jar" />

Calling that once is ok but calling it twice with a different set of
jars (notice the pathelement is dynamic) results in an error:

That traces to the class at line 457:

addDefinition(..) method:
if (onError != OnError.IGNORE) {
    cl = Class.forName(classname, true, al);  // Line 457

I don't know if this is possible but I'd like to be able to do a
taskdef more than once. I'd expect that it would just override the
previous definition. Is that possible?

Also, is the user list the right place for this? I can repost to the
dev list if it's more appropriate.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message