ant-user mailing list archives

From "Mark Lybarger" <Mark.Lybar...@CBC-Companies.com>
Subject using waitfor to see when a server goes down
Date Wed, 10 Nov 2004 15:04:22 GMT
is it possible to use waitfor or some other task to see if a server/port has been closed?

we're using this to wait for the server to be up before we deploy components to the server,
but would like to also identify if something went wrong during shutdown.

    <waitfor maxwait="5" maxwaitunit="minute" checkevery="500" timeoutproperty="admin.server.start.failed">
      <and>
	    <socket server="localhost" port="${Server.Admin.ListenPort}" />
	  </and>
    </waitfor>
    <condition property="admin.server.isrunning">
          <not>
		<isset property="admin.server.start.failed"/>
	</not>
   </condition>

ideas?