ant-user mailing list archives

From "Robert Kolev" <rko...@adaptisinc.com>
Subject RE: Fwd: Problem with exec Windows XP
Date Mon, 15 Nov 2004 17:58:00 GMT
Try this...

<exec executable="cmd.exe" dir="C:/Programme/Apache Software
Foundation/Tomcat 5.0/bin" os="Windows XP" failonerror="true">
	<arg line="/c startup.bat"/>
</exec>

Cheers, rk~

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Neu [mailto:peter.neu@gmx.net]
Sent: Monday, November 15, 2004 9:30 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: Fwd: Problem with exec Windows XP

Hello Alexey,

could you just post the correct command ? This would help a lot.

Regards,

Peter

> To launch batch files you need to execute cmd.exe with correct
> parameters ("/c" and "startup.bat"). You cannot execute the batch
> files themselves.
>
> - Alexey.
>
> Peter Neu wrote:
>
>> Hello everybody,
>>
>> I'm having difficulties using <exec> with Windows XP. When I'm trying
>> to run an Ant Script with a command like this :
>>
>> <exec dir="C:/Programme/Apache Software Foundation/Tomcat 5.0/bin"
>> executable="startup.bat"
>>            os="WindowsXP">
>>
>>       </exec>
>>
>> simply nothing happens. I don't even get a warning. Can anybody tell
>> me what
>> I did wrong ?
>>
>> Best Regards,
>>
>> Peter

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use
of the intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is confidential privileged and/or
exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender
by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.