ant-user mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <Wendy.Sm...@asu.edu>
Subject RE: .war file question
Date Mon, 01 Nov 2004 23:36:01 GMT
> From: Scott Purcell [mailto:spurcell@vertisinc.com]
> As far as the index.html file, I am pulling one from cvs and
> was using that one explicitely, instead of having <war>
> create one. This is my first ant script and I am just getting
> underway. Any info is always appreciated.

Hmmm... I messed about with it for a while but it seems that Ant is
smart enough not to create the directory entry in the .war file if
there's nothing to go in it.

For all I know, it could be part of the zip file specification-- a
simple <zip> of a directory containing one file and an empty
subdirectory produced a zip file containing *just* the file.  I'm
betting there's a reason for that.

Which brings me to ask why you would want to do such a thing?  An empty
directory doesn't seem very useful. ;)  If you have some need to place
files in a directory at run-time, you can just create the directory at
that point.

(What do you mean by having <war> create index.html?  AFAIK it doesn't
do that.)

--
Wendy Smoak