ant-user mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <Wendy.Sm...@asu.edu>
Subject RE: .war file question
Date Mon, 01 Nov 2004 22:21:59 GMT
> From: Scott Purcell [mailto:spurcell@vertisinc.com]
> I am creating a war application using ant and ran into a
> perculiar problem. I need to create a 'empty' dir in the
> webapp and I cannot figure out how to do it? Does anyone know
> if I can achieve this, or not.

I think that if you make the directory at
${build.dir}/src/application/tmpfolder before executing the <war> task,
then include everything in the 'application' directory, it will pick up
both your index.html file and the empty directory.

You can use <mkdir> to create the directory if necessary.

Is there anything else in the 'application' directory?  (Is there some
reason you're naming the index.html file specifically?)

I gave up using the <war> task and just keep the directory structure
exactly as it should be for a webapp, then use the <zip> task to create
the .war file:

--
Wendy Smoak