ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: getting tag from CVS for use in Ant
Date Thu, 04 Nov 2004 01:41:05 GMT
> From: Alison Monteith [mailto:alison.monteith@edusoft.com]
> As I said earlier, this works quite well for me, but some of the
> developers are complaining about the error message when they try to
> build on the HEAD branch.  Is there any way around this?  Ie.
something
> equivalent to if [ ! -d CVS/Tag ] ?  I've been searching the ant
manual
> and can't find anything.

There is, using <available> and either Ant-Contrib's <if> or conditional
a-la-Ant using <target depends="tag-file-exists?" if="tag-file-exist">.

Solution (1) is easier, reads better, but you need to add Ant-Contrib,
an external dependency (some shops have a pb with that). Solution (2) is
pure Ant, but what I call spaghetti Ant code. I'd go with (1).

Alternate solutions are to write a custom task (or use the one already
written and somewhere in BugZilla), or script it but then you also need
external dependencies (BSF + JavaScript or Python or ...)

Like I said, the Ant code I provided is only 90% of the solution. --DD