ant-user mailing list archives

From "Alison Monteith" <alison.monte...@edusoft.com>
Subject Junit tests and VM errors
Date Tue, 16 Nov 2004 23:55:49 GMT
Hi,

I am getting a VM error when trying to run ant junit tests.  The tests
work on another server but I am getting this error on two separate
machines.  I am stumped as to what is happening here and where to go
next to fix the problem.  I've already compared the version of ant and
java on both successful and unsuccessful servers and can see no
differences.

Can anyone help?  I'm stumped!

Here is a snippet of the ant output in debug mode:

    [junit] Found /usr/local/apache-ant-1.6.1/lib/ant-launcher.jar
    [junit] Found /usr/local/apache-ant-1.6.1/lib/ant.jar
    [junit] Found /usr/local/apache-ant-1.6.1/lib/ant-junit.jar

An unexpected exception has been detected in native code outside the
VM.Unexpected Signal : 11 occurred at PC=0x8151694
Function=[Unknown.]
Library=(N/A)

NOTE: We are unable to locate the function name symbol for the error
      just occurred. Please refer to release documentation for possible
      reason and solutions.

Current Java thread:
at
org.apache.tools.ant.AntTypeDefinition.getTypeClass(AntTypeDefinition.ja
va:162)
at
org.apache.tools.ant.AntTypeDefinition.getExposedClass(AntTypeDefinition
.java:136)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.AntTypeDefinition.getExposedClass(AntTypeDefinition
.java:136)
at
org.apache.tools.ant.ComponentHelper$AntTypeTable.getExposedClass(Compon
entHelper.java:840)
at
org.apache.tools.ant.ComponentHelper.getDataTypeDefinitions(ComponentHel
per.java:368)
- locked <0x48afdde8> (a
org.apache.tools.ant.ComponentHelper$AntTypeTable)
        - locked <0x48afde40> (a java.util.Hashtable)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.Project.getDataTypeDefinitions(Project.java:939)
at
org.apache.tools.ant.types.AbstractFileSet.getDataTypeName(AbstractFileS
et.java:317)        at
org.apache.tools.ant.types.AbstractFileSet.setupDirectoryScanner(Abstrac
tFileSet.java:382)